Cartoon Shading anyone?

Discuss anything related to the Canine Combat series of games.

Re: Cartoon Shading anyone?

Postby stooser » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:47 pm

bob_the_unicorn wrote:Interesting blog on toon shading the other day. I agree, that toon shading adds quite a bit to the game and should not be removed.

Not sure who said it should be removed...but that person should get a kick in the rear, cause it looks way more awesome now.

Well, I've never been a big fan of cel-shading... It can be very distraction when done incorrectly.
stooser

Postby stooser » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:11 pm

*bump*

I just came back to Gribble Games today, and I must say, I was VERY impressed with the screenshots I saw. It appears there taking a more "realistic" approach to the game. I'm glad they dropped the cel-shader thing.
stooser

Postby madhatter » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm

I love the new video. Seriously, so much better then there earlier one's.

The train was phenomenal! I was not expecting that at all. The AI also looks much better. Seriously, just make more missions, package it, and I will buy it.

Question: I didn't see any rockets, did I just miss them or will they be implemented later. It would be a shame to only have a machine gun.
madhatter

Postby bob_the_unicorn » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:18 pm

madhatter wrote:Question: I didn't see any rockets, did I just miss them or will they be implemented later. It would be a shame to only have a machine gun.

Yeah, I'd like to use something other than a machine gun as well. But otherwise, congrats on the new video. It was a total surprise!
bob_the_unicorn

Postby boo23 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:50 am

The latest video was sweet. I'm glad they dumped those more realistic textures. It would be great if they would post another full-length video showing them off... But, oh-well. :roll:
boo23

Previous

Return to Canine Combat: Dogfights!