And we mod...how...

Discuss anything related to the Canine Combat series of games.

And we mod...how...

Postby timtheturtle » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:47 pm

How will modding work exactly?

They way I see it, most games have a directory or folder where mods are placed, they can then be loaded in the games menu. I would assume this is the way Canine Combat will handle things?

Also, how will we distribute mods? Will gribble games host them, or must we just post them on the forum.
timtheturtle

Re: And we mod...how...

Postby browny76 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:49 pm

Those are some good questions, timtheturtle, and I'm sure gribble games has an answer. :D

I personally don't care how the mods are distributed, but I do like the idea of having a file containing them all on my HD.
browny76

Postby boo23 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:42 pm

As long as there easy to install, I don't care.
boo23

Postby somedude » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:56 pm

boo23 wrote:As long as there easy to install, I don't care.

Ditto. I just wanna be able to install them in a fairly straightforward manner.

A side note, will our mods work for both PC and Mac or will they be tied to one system?
somedude

Postby stooser » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:58 pm

I'm sure the game won't be that hard to mod. Canine Combat uses Lua, and Lua is a simple language to learn and use.

I should know-I've done a few WoW scripts in my day.
stooser

Postby reggi09 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Wow, I like the blog post today. It really gives some insight on Lua scripting and Canine Combat.

I already have some ideas for a few mods I'd like to implement when the game is released. :twisted:
reggi09

Postby bootsfig » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:52 pm

reggi09 wrote:Wow, I like the blog post today. It really gives some insight on Lua scripting and Canine Combat.

Hecks yeah it's awesome. Not enough mac games have mod support and even the one's that do only support PC modding. The mac needs more attention I say.

reggi09 wrote:I already have some ideas for a few mods I'd like to implement when the game is released. :twisted:

Care to share some of those?
bootsfig

Postby walter mitty » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:24 pm

I want to see some screenshots of the level editor? From what I gather so far though, it sounds like it won't be a "fully featured" level editor but more like an entity placer.
walter mitty

Postby fenwhar » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:23 pm

I'm new here and maybe I missed it but, will there be a way to select which mods you want to load? Some kind of nice gui interface would be nice, either in-game or out.

I just hate digging through files to install mods. :D
fenwhar

Postby emondo » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:01 pm

fenwhar wrote:I'm new here and maybe I missed it but, will there be a way to select which mods you want to load? Some kind of nice gui interface would be nice, either in-game or out.

I just hate digging through files to install mods. :D

Yes yes, It has already been said that there will be a launcher that will allow you to choose which mods to load.
emondo

Next

Return to Canine Combat: Dogfights!